Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Server events and event rules

Post subject: Race the Gauntlet, November 6th, 2pm EST.
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:38 am 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

This is a race event to be held at the Gauntlet on Saturday the 6th of November at 2pm EST.
It's Back so come along and have some fun all who came last time had a ball.

Prizes
Everyone receives 100 million for participating.
Most Kills----- 100 Million
3rd Place----200 Million.
2nd Place---300 Million
1st Place--1 Billion.

That is not a type O making this the richest event on the UV at present. Come along for some fun and your chance to get yourself 1,000,000,000 credits.

The winner also has there name printed on the Prestigious [RIP] Wyno Memorial Race the Gauntlet Cup as seen below.

The person who gets the most kills in the race will have their name printed on the yellow Jersey as seen below.

RULES

This is a 3 lap race.
You can choose any ship to fly.
Players may shoot and kill each other at any point in the race.
Each Player must first dock at the Start line before race and must not dock anywhere until the final lap.
Each player must dock at the finish line at the end of the race.
Each players lap count will be verified by a race official who will be at the finish line.
Racers should try and stick to the trade lanes where possible.
In the event two players tie for the yellow jersey (most kills) they will have a fight at finish line to determine winner.

Post subject: Re: Race the Gauntlet, November 6th, 2pm EST.
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:42 am 

uv31 Roachy comes uv31

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:37 pm 

Location: If violence isn't solving your problems, you're just not using enough of it.
uv31 ill be there uv1

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:46 am 

well due to furian season (pheasant) i wont be attending srry furians to kill

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:17 pm 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

A big thanks to all who came.
So to all these folks uv45

[GLTC]Goultek Bomber[M]
Bad Monkey
[RIP-R]Anjin
Vengence
Krayt 3th
[CL]-HK
Talon
[xXx]Monster[N]
[(\/\ET]-/\/\ick[M]
{KEA}Silver Machine[N]
[CL]Painkiller
[GLTC]Bizarre Bazaar[M]

All participants received 100 million for rocking up.
A big grats to the place getters.
[GLTC]Goultek Bomber[M]~~~~~~~First~~~~~~~1,000,000,000
Bad Monkey~~~~~~~Second~~~~~~~300,000,000
[RIP-R]Anjin~~~~~~~Third~~~~~~~200,000,000

Sure was fun to watch This is what I saw at the start.

CRIKEY!!!
This weeks race was pandemonium utter Kaos, insane action.

This race set a new benchmark for most kills in a race, a monstrous 49 kills. It really was a stretch to keep up with all the action this week. Lov'in it hehe.
New comer to the race Bad Monkey got off to a cracker start and did a Mick on Mick disrupting lanes as he went. Mick stayed with him tho and Anjin was not far behind. Goultek as he has done in every race stayed with the leading pack.

Then heads started to roll and when I say roll I mean ROLL! 'The management' of [CL] would have been proud, between them the [CL] guys racked up 26 kills!!!!
Was great to see some fresh faces at the race and hope to see them again there next week.

My favourite was [xXx]Monster[N] he was great for coming this week and displayed a tremendous amount of spirit and tenacity. He just kept coming back for more like the necro he is. Only 9 too he is, hats off to the Monster.

Mick had second all sewn up ... that is until the Silver Machine got a hold of him. Silver Machine was not done there having taken out second he then took out 3rd too.

Mick is always an asset to this event if he is not racing hard he is killing hard. Mick came up with my favourite quote when he said "now watch see how u kill the leaders lol". Well I knew when I heard that that things were going to get interesting, and that they did.

Now I have waited to see this for while and this week it finally happened Bad monkey had raced the perfect race and had a sizable lead the whole time. The old rule 'Dock at Finish Base on your final lap' came into play again this week. Seconds from the base, Monkey over shot the runway and Mick let fly with his entire arsenal. {KEA}Chief snapped this moments before Monkey died and had to restart his current lap.
He all but had his hands on the highly sought after [RIP] Wyno memorial trophy.

With First, Second and Third creamed on the final lap the lead had changed. Monkey the true racer that he proved this week jumped straight back on the horse and so did Anjin. Anjin ended up claiming 3rd and Bad Monkey did amazingly well to get second.
After weeks of proving he can match it with the best it was Goultek who claimed his first [RIP] Wyno memorial trophy.

The killing frenzy was spectacular this week it was PK who claimed his very own yellow jersey this week with a record breaking 16 kills.

This will be hard to top next week :)

Let me list off the killers of the night...

Painkiller with 16
HK 10
Silver Machine 9
Talon 5
Krayt 4
Mick 2
Monster 2
Anjin 1

Congrats [CL]Painkiller you won your very own PK's Shoot first and ask question later yellow jersey.

Nice racing [GLTC]Goultek Bomber[M] you scored ya self the [RIP] Wyno memorial cup for the trophy cabinet uv27

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:29 pm 

Looooooll!!! uv15
Wish i could have been there!
Congrats to top 3 and PK for winning the yellow jersey! uv1

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:30 pm 

Congratz to all who entered the Race and to the winners.

As for the Bounty on Anjin, he denies it but, here is the proof that he was killed by me 2 Xs. These kills were not included in the total for the kills I made. Since he fisrt claimed that I only CD'd him, that is true and earlier in the Race.

These screens were taken at the Gauntlet Race today in the same ship near the Start line.

Killed by Guns

Killed with Rockets

As you can see for yourself in the radar screen these kills were at or, near the Strand Warp Station and the Start Line Base.

These are the recorded times and dates along with the screen shot numbers in my systems Pictures/Freelancers Shots Folder Files.

You decide if I killed him or, not?
HK

Freelancer, 16 Years & Still Playing

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:34 pm 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

Wahhh, I won first place !!

The start was absolutly crazy, I got bounced and twiggled all around, for a few seconds I didnt even know where is up and down, and even less where the entrance to the Tradelane was

I was running not far behind Anjin, I tried my best to get him with torps and missiles but his ship seems to be invincible... I didnt even hit him once with my load of spam

The first two rounds were quite easy, but suddenly on the last lap someone intrecepted me at the exit of a tradelane and killed me before i could say oups !

So I restarted my lap and continued my run, HK tried to kill me but I out-tricked him with good manoeuvers (everything went upside down but i didnt lose my direction)

Half way to the finish line on my last lap, I suddenly saw "The server will reboot in 15 minutes"... Shit! Not yet! Dont reboot on me just at the finishline...

Somewhere at the last quarter of the lap Mick tried to get me too but I did the same thing again and went by to continue my mad race...

Then a bit before the arrival one of the KEA asked me where I am, "ALMOST AT THE FINISH", i replied, caps was locked..., but i thought if I get lucky, I get 3rd or 4th place

And suddenly here it was: the Finish line! I docked as fast as i could hoping to save my 3rd or 4th place, but I was wondering why they did not announce any winners yet and then suddenly they announced: "And the winner is... Goultek!" Damn, couldnt believe what I was reading! My first win in all the events I participated in! Wahhhhuuhuhuuuhhhhuu!!!!!! yes! Yes! YES! YEEEEESSSSS!!!! Get yourselfs a load a this!!

many thanks to all who participated! And many thanks for hosting this event! uv19

I dedicate my trophy to Wyno uv5

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:17 pm 

Great job at your first win Goultek. I saw it in game and was surprised myself for the fact that, you're one of the ones that does the killing most of the time. uv39

Good job and enjoy your shiny new trophy. uv47 uv20

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:20 pm 

I HATE work, especially weekends. Grrrrr WOOF!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:35 pm 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

Bummer Alpha uv25

and

Yay! Goul!! uv20

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:53 pm 

[CL]HunterKiller wrote:
Congratz to all who entered the Race and to the winners.

As for the Bounty on Anjin, he denies it but, here is the proof that he was killed by me 2 Xs. These kills were not included in the total for the kills I made. Since he fisrt claimed that I only CD'd him, that is true and earlier in the Race.

These screens were taken at the Gauntlet Race today in the same ship near the Start line.

This what not an official part of the race more just a quirky idea that Mouser had so I am not going to make a call here.
[GLTC]BIZARRE_BAZAAR[M] wrote:
please just write in the post about the race that u killed Anjin and how many times

After checking the log both the kills pictured above came after the race had finished hence Anjin who got third was near the start after he had docked for 3rd at finish in effect finishing the race.

In saying that I am sure Mouser won't mind paying something anyway, it's also worthy of mention that some 15 minutes earlier the logs indicated this happened.

[RIP-R]Anjin almost dodged {KEA}SilverMachine[N]'s rocket

But it's all up to Mouser it was his idea and his decision, I'm sure he will cough up something ;)

Either way cheers HK for playing an awesome part at the race, I'm thinking PK is rubbing off on you already the [CL] guys went to town on kills today uv1

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:04 am 

It doesn't matter but, my point was, that he was telling me in game that I never killed him but, here's the proof of it. Just so he knows it. It wasn't about the money, just him telling me I was wrong and calling me crazy. I know what I did and have no reason to lie or, say I done something I didn't do. uv18 I don't want any thing for the kills and I'll kill him again for FREE!

Thanks for clarifying that it was after the race, I wasn't sure. uv24

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:16 am 

Location: If violence isn't solving your problems, you're just not using enough of it.
uv20 another great race thanks to all who took part uv20

special thanks to silvermachine for not just camping by the start base and doing a great job of is he isnt he gonna shoot me *he was and did uv15
also to bad monkey who had everyone beat untill the last turn and im sure there will be many wins from bad monkey in the future uv1
and finaly to bobby thanks for hosting m8 still the most fun u can have in a event uv31

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:06 am 

{KEA}BOBBY wrote:
This weeks race was pandemonium utter Kaos, insane action.

Never more true words spoken Bobby!! uv15

PK gave up counting at 5 (years of age that is), but i did see Bobby post up during the race he was on 9 at one point & i knew HK was there or there abouts as well but to get 16!! And to think, only after some excellent evasion & timing by Talon (who got the final blows on a couple of battles) it would have been even more uv16

But is it me or are the racers getting quicker these days??
I only ask because PK only managed to complete a single lap before blood lust took over & instead of chasing the leaders he got lazy & decided to wait for them. Having said that, i don't recall seeing him shoot at any of the leaders other than Anjin near the finish line. He was too busy battling it out with Talon's fighter & the Raptor of Monster as well as a few battles again with SilverMachine.

Great fights guys & a great turnout again too.

uv20 uv20 Congrats also to the Podium finishers uv20 uv20

PS: Small advert here:-
I hope the 26 kills racked up by [CL] during the race will show potential recruits that what we lack in numbers we more than make up for with aggression on the battlefield!
If you want to be part of our small but aggressive clan then please contact any CL character in game or message either myself or HunterKiller here on the forum.

We only need ONE more player to join us to become official, so please pilots contact us if you want to create a bit of Chaos in the UnderVerse - The Chaos League needs YOU!

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Server events and event rules