Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Server events and event rules

Post subject: WHACK A MOLE random server event.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:38 am 
UV ~Purifier~
UV ~Purifier~

The Moles....called as such by the way they burrow through sub-space...Emerging into regular space every now and again to wreak havoc on the undead and the half dead. Accidently brought into this realm by Necromonger scientists, looking for a short-cut to The Underverse The Moles have thrived in this realm feeding on subspace itself, and any ships that may cross their path. There are also Mole Queens, similarly to queen termites or ants, they are HUGE! Find yourself alone with one of their mama’s you might as well put your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye! The Mole Queen has a nasty appetite and has even been heard to destroy entire planets, just to consume the resources locked beneath the planets crust.
Destroying a Mole is diffucult, but not without its rewards. The Moles consume so much that they must put most of thier goods in storage and destroying one might prove profitable. . Moles are generally anti-social and are found alone most of the time, there are rare instances where you might find two or three or more in one spot. These are Mole Packs and I'd steer clear of that…unless you have an armada on your side The Moles will consume you too. Whether, alone or in a pack, The Moles with their thick skins and ability to use conventional weapons in almost any capacity are a horrifying force in The Universe and must be eradicated at all cost! So whenever possible...WHACK A MOLE!

This event will be random! when someone feels like coming in as a mole, they might hunt you down or better yet hunt them down to get a nice reward, reward determined by Mole on at that time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 pm 

..a RaNdOm SeRvEr EvEnT??........

...wHiCh rAnDoM sErVeR DiDjA HaVe iN MiNd?......

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Anthrax_Zombie
http://zombiefreelancer.forumotion.net/forum.htm
"......To WiN, yOu MuSt LeArN hOw tO DiE......" uv46

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:22 pm 
UV ~Purifier~
UV ~Purifier~

LOL Maybe I should say a random event on the UV server. 25~

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm 

[RIP]Wyno wrote:
LOL Maybe I should say a random event on the UV server. 25~

...HeHeHeHe, ADMIN *PoKe* WeLL DePLoYeD......... 24~

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Anthrax_Zombie
http://zombiefreelancer.forumotion.net/forum.htm
"......To WiN, yOu MuSt LeArN hOw tO DiE......" uv46

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:26 pm 

12~

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:14 pm 

Small rant here.

The last time, before today, that I saw Wack a mole event being held I flew across 3 systems and got within 1 system of being in the same system as the Mole. Just before I warped into the same system, the Mole moved clear across the U.V. and into a system where 2 other players already were.

Today the Mole comes on and says that the Wack A Mole event is on. By the time I finished the mission that I had just taken and flew across the system I was in at the time, on my way to find the Mole, the Mole left the server!!!
So I guess if no one tells the Mole that they intend to hunt him, then he just assumes no one is coming for him?

I suggest a bit more patience and maybe try to see if anyone is close before just up and moving to another system or leaving the server. uv33

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good rant. Hopefully the moles are reading this across hyperspace.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 am 

When the Mole appeared last night it was in the system he previously was attacked in ,he was then beamed to another system and he then said something like come and get me etc..

there was already 2 players in the system when he was ist activated so he moved then he started the event. He survived 1 attack and died twice all 3 plyers were payed and in the universe chat he stated he would be back later....

uv24

Vini...vici...Vidi...

Avoid hangovers STAY DRUNK

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:10 am 

[RIP]Boom wrote:
When the Mole appeared last night it was in the system he previously was attacked in ,he was then beamed to another system and he then said something like come and get me etc..

there was already 2 players in the system when he was ist activated so he moved then he started the event. He survived 1 attack and died twice all 3 plyers were payed and in the universe chat he stated he would be back later....

uv24

What I saw was the Mole appeared in Terra Firma and very bold and Red text stating that the event was on. At that very moment I was docked still and had just taken a 9mil mission. I launched, saw another bold red text message stating something along the lines of "come get me if you can". I proceeded to my mission waypoint, completed the mission and headed toward the Maelstrom warp station in Dementia where I had been doing missions from Champ's. When I got to Ted's Sporty Ship Sales base near Maelstrom warp I docked to sell the loot from said mission. Right after I launched from there I saw the server message "Have a Good one Wackamole" and he was gone from server. I waited about 20 minutes and did not see the mole come back. I came here and made the rant post and rejoined the server and the mole was back. That's when Boom's version of the Mole event actually took place, I saw that Scorpion got the kill in Arabia. Congrats to him.

A few weeks ago when I flew across 3 systems only to have the mole relocate himself without having been found, just before I warped into the same system. I let that go at the time even though it seemed like a VERY intentional move to evade, in my eyes.
So now that's twice. I don't think I'll be wasting any effort on moles from here on out.

Post subject: Re: WHACK A MOLE random server event.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:28 am 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

CriminalMind wrote:
This Whack a Mole can just beam around not giving way to those that cannot? Kind of a cheap way to avoid losing, wouldn't you say? Seems like a senseless chase and all for nothing after a while? How often does this take place?

Generally once you make it close to the mole he doesn't beam he stays and fights. I've managed to rid the UV of a few moles in my time and can say it has been fun for all involved.

Doesn't happen to often whenever an admin is motivated enough, Hasn't been one for a while. I guess it's hard to get motivated if you are gonna face criticism from players when just trying to create a bit of fun for them.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 pm 

{KEA}BOBBY wrote:
Generally once you make it close to the mole he doesn't beam he stays and fights.

uv21 Once the mole gets a few trackers on his trail he sticks around & taunts them a little until he is caught & whacked good 'n' proper lol.
I have gotten myself a couple of mole trophies a little while back, very satisfying it is too sending them packing.
Can't say i've seen any of late though which is a shame as it's good to have a little UV pest clearout every now & then uv16

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:50 pm 

I've gotten involved in this a few times but, I think a loss of connection ended the event on a few of those occasions. I've never been close enough to see what this ship looks like yet, but I hope to do so one day, night and/or, evening.

Freelancer, 16 Years & Still Playing

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:43 am 

Location: If violence isn't solving your problems, you're just not using enough of it.
Just a quick point to make i have seen the mole once so far and enjoyed the hunt

hope to see him in space again soon :)

Thanks and good luck to the moles

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:40 pm 

HunterKiller wrote:
I've never been close enough to see what this ship looks like yet, but I hope to do so one day, night and/or, evening.

It was a strange looking thing if i remember, only saw it up close when receiving payment via trade request. Didn't get that close to him in battle as i spammed the bugger before he could get away, they don't stay still for long! uv16

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Whack-A-Mole ship is actually a brown colored Nomad Fighter. Since they often have to go up against Battleships it can carry up to three shields. Evil little rodents...

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Server events and event rules