Post subject: Re: Arena Commander download is now available
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:42 pm 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

hummm...

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:11 pm 

Im tracking news about both (Elite and StarCitizen) and Im affraid that both will end as PayToWin like WoT , WoW ,WT , or StarConflict :(

Elite was released but many says that this is unfinished game (60$ for what ? promises ?) , about StarCitizen ....... some says that release will be delayed forever :/

I hope they all are wrong. Im not gonna to drain My pocket for ForeverBeta games :(

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:11 am 

One good thing about Star Citizen is that they will be using something called UEC Credits. You can either purchase the credits or earn them in game by trading or missions. So if you are very patient you can advance in the game by only purchasing your beginner ship.

I am also worried about the release. They originally said 2 years. It has already been close to 2 years and they are only about 25% done.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:57 am 

Maybe Chris needs to hire his buddy back from Elite to help him get SC out and ready for actual release? uv39

As for UEC Credits? I play/have played games that have that system and it's a grind and a half. Wallet Warriors are going to dominate the game and make it hard for you to get ahead. Just look how many Starships are being purchased during this long haul to get the game out. The majority of the players will not be able to afford the $3k ships and those kind of players will not only have those but, every ship in the game before too ling while they wait for the game to be released. They'll purchase all the best upgrades and more as the game is still being developed. P2P is still that, no matter if in-game credits can be earned or, not. Been there, done that. People will pay to win, they always do because they don't like to lose. Those that have money, want the best of everything.

There's more to it than just the game, many are going to HAVE to purchase new and better PC's just to play the game. Chris has expressed his desire to keep up with technology and that leads his game in to being played on top end computers, something that everyone simply cannot afford for a game at a moments notice. I certainly cannot. I invested a lot of money in the beginning and the game run for me, very well in fact and then, I got an update and my PC will not run SC worth a damn. I even had to go out and buy a new PC costing me over $1200 in order to play WoT back when their version was in 7.1. Once done, the game was really beautiful and I couldn't see how I was ever able to play the game prior to that. Now, even WoT is going high-end and it's causing me to have to lower my graphics in order to play the game. It still looks good but, it's not the same as before.

I play a lot of games these days and I know and have seen how developers are going high end in the gaming industry. Same goes for the micro-transactions. With digital downloading/gaming and there not being any other way to get hundreds of games being released these days, games are always going to be in a state of beta and money is still going to be paid by those that can afford them.

As for SC? Many people don't have insurance in real life and in this game, you have to pay cash for it so, that's a money grab alone. My last count was $66 million and Chris hasn't lost any weight over it, either. I just hope SC doesn't end up in Micro$ofts hands in the long run like Freelancer did.

I just got FarCry 4 and I'm having to play it on the lowest graphic settings I can with all the other added settings turned off because of new tech out today. However, the game still looks good but, only I only get 17-30 fps when playing it, depending on my location in game and the amount of NPC in battle. With FC3, I played it on Ultra without any issues and have anywhere form 35-50fps in game. In FC4, they even have a Super Ultra setting. That there tells you that the game is best played on a high end PC. My game still looks beautiful but, I'm not able to utilize all it has to offer and I really feel ripped-off.

Here are just a few screens of FC4 in game and even though 90% of the graphic functions are turned off, it still looks good. Can't do that with SC. Apologies for the size of the SS's. It's from a Cloud save and this forum is not set up for minimal size with click to enlarge settings as mine is. They were taken with a 1600 x 900 setting. They still look large on this forum for me. I can just imagine what this game could look like if, I could play it on Super Ultra.

Those of you with larger monitors, may not have any problems with size.

Me, riding my elephant. :D

GET TO THA CHOPPA!!!!! :lol:

Image[/center]

Freelancer, 16 Years & Still Playing

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

wow

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:32 am 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

lol, "get to da choppah", epic!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:19 pm 

Excellent graphics on the FarCry 4 HK. This is the reason I feel it is worth shelling out big bucks to have a top of the line PC. It is a very realistic experience. Star Citizen will look just as good. Yes I agree that the people with the most money will rule the SC Universe but if you think about it this is no different from real life. The people with the most money rule the earth but the rest of us still survive very well.

I have to believe in the "glass half full" concept when it comes to SC. I believe that when the full version of SC is released it will be the best game ever made. Realistic space battles, dogfighting module, 1st person shooter on planets and stations, a single player experience, and a multiplayer universe that keeps expanding all with excellent graphics. I will not be able to afford the big capital ships but I already have my fighter which I enjoy the best anyway. SC plans to allow multiple players to fly and man different stations on the cap ships. I have already joined a clan that has purchased a cap ship that will hold 12 players. They plan to use it for some role play events.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 pm 

Just installed this card today. FC4 looks even better on the now, default settings, on High. Will try to post some screens near where I got those above, to see if there's any difference. I only hope I can play Star Citizen now.

Screens
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... mgcart%3D1

Card info
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... etmail.com

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:58 pm 

HunterKiller wrote:
Just installed this card today. FC4 looks even better on the now, default settings, on High. Will try to post some screens near where I got those above, to see if there's any difference. I only hope I can play Star Citizen now.

Screens

Card info

Great news HK. The Passmark score on your new card shows it to be more than 3 times faster than your old one (new=4185, old=1398) so you should be able to play Star Citizen now.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:50 pm 

Check out this video. Shows the inside of the ship and the landing and walking around on the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-xvCg8CI9U

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks great!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:04 pm 

{KEA}Moon wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

Screens

Card info

Great news HK. The Passmark score on your new card shows it to be more than 3 times faster than your old one (new=4185, old=1398) so you should be able to play Star Citizen now.

I hope so. Thanks.

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Freelancers Lounge