Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Freelancers Lounge

Post subject: High School Football Spring Game
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 pm 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1OgsfdzN7jPUGNkTmxGb1dta0k

1st time in history that my high school football team is playing a scrimmage game in the spring. Excitement is in the air. A new coach that has won 3 state championships at another school is hired to lead the team. He brings with him from the other team the #1 rated quarterback in the whole state. Parents are upset because the coach is keeping the kids practicing to 8:00pm in the evening but they suck it up for the chance at a state championship. Most of the town shows up to see how the team will do. Expectation is through the roof. The crowd is hollering. The noise is deafening

Then the game starts. 1st play the other team runs 70 yards for a touchdown and by halftime my team is losing 35 to 7.

Final score 35 to 21. Oh well the coach has a lot of work to get from here to a championship but we can only hope. It's a long wait till the fall season.

Post subject: Re: High School Football Spring Game
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:28 am 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

uv11 uv11 uv11 uv11

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 pm 

Does 'scrimmage' in that case mean it is a practise match or
is there some kind of pub brawl or something similar involved? Image

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:14 am 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:54 pm 

I got questions about the set up here as its so alien to how uk sports in schools and clubs are run. 1) the team is a school team so why can't the school p.e. (gym) teacher coach? Here our gym teachers coach all sports and athletics. Gym/P.E/Games all under their control. 2) Is the coach employed by the school on the same salary as the teachers? if not why not that's all he is a glorified teacher. I cannot understand this reverence for a coach... Why is coach seen as a title. Nobody says yes sir mcdonalds server sir.
Is it the same for athletics, swimming etc all school sports? How about recreation?
Here many sports clubs have volunteer coaches who have to earn their qualifications to coach (and undergo police checks now if kids are involved). They do it for the love of the sport. soccer, swimming gymnastics, athletics rugby often have local clubs and leagues for children and adults. Their may be a membership fee usually fairly small to join. I have heard of little league for baseball but don't know much about its organisation? is it local etc. In the uk amateur sport is far bigger than professional sport and is often feeders to professional sport.
What do most people do?
OH (deliberate sarcasm here hehe) Bugger all but watch others on TV. That's why the typical view of americans is "fat bastards". (except California where they are mad). Hehehe says me with his belly hanging round his knees (but that's beer and chips after playing sport lol).
I did play rugby for 32 years from secondary school, through university on into adult life, gymnastics for 10 years (boy have I let myself go). I am suffering now doe that rugby with a shoulder that creaks and crunches with arthritis and fingers joints starting to swell with the same. Ah If I knew then what I know now perhaps I would have been better as a lardass American hehe.
Attachment:
runnner.png
runnner.png [ 68.18 KiB | Viewed 1043 times ]

Profile E-mail  

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Freelancers Lounge