Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » PLAYER HELP

Post subject: Vista Sound Issues
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:58 am 

I'm having problems with my in game sounds. I have all of my Freelancer sound options turned up as far as they'll go but I can barely hear anything while playing.

I have re-installed the game, FLMM and re-activated the mod but it changed nothing. When I re-installed Freelancer I ran the game in vanilla before re-activating the mod and still couldn't hardly hear the game. I am running FL, FLMM and the mod "as administrator". All other sounds on my PC are fine. I use TeamSpeak and Ventrilo and those work just fine also, no sound issues there. Any websites that I visit as well as any music or videos that have sound all work just fine. It's only Freelancer that seems to have issues.

When I re-installed Freelancer, the music that plays while the game is installing was also at normal levels, but as I said, when I ran the game it was as though I had turned all of the volumes down but, I had not.

This is a new problem. I did not have this issue before the release of 2.26.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Sound Issues
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:23 pm 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

If you are running Vista, start the game, go back to desktop and click on the little loudspeaker in your right taskbar, then click on the button just below the adjustment bar (Mixer or so, ion a french version its called Mélangeur..), another window will pop up with several adjustment bars and give you the possibility to adjust the sound for Freelancer. I had the same problem some time ago because i hit some button combination and it screwed the setting for Freelancer, I simply turned it back up and the deal was done

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sound Issues
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 pm 

[GLTC]Goultek wrote:
If you are running Vista, start the game, go back to desktop and click on the little loudspeaker in your right taskbar, then click on the button just below the adjustment bar (Mixer or so, ion a french version its called Mélangeur..), another window will pop up with several adjustment bars and give you the possibility to adjust the sound for Freelancer. I had the same problem some time ago because i hit some button combination and it screwed the setting for Freelancer, I simply turned it back up and the deal was done

LOL! Thanks Goul, I just got help ingame from BlueThunder. He told me the same thing. I didn't even know that there was a separate control for Freelancer. And prior to activating 2.26 I had no problem. Thanks Goul.

Thanks very much BlueThunder for your help ingame!! Kudos! uv1

Post subject: Re: Vista Sound Issues
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 pm 

Smoke... in vista and above, every proggie you have running has it's own mixer. Kinda crazy, and copies linux a bit if you have an advanced sound manager or framework but VERY cool too! Glad you got it fixed with others' help.

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » PLAYER HELP