Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » PLAYER HELP

Post subject: Most easy way to create a new FL account
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:10 pm 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

The most easy way to create a new Freelancer account, no more need to create new Windows accounts and all this crap, just follow this procedure:

1> Launch Regedit.exe. Use the Execute command to start this program, usually you find it in the Start menu

2> On the left had side of the Registry editor, go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Freelancer

3> Right click on the “Freelancer” key in the left side and export this key to a safe location (Another hard-drive, USB key, CD or DVD disk, or even to your own mail address) Give it a recognizable name, IE “Main account”.

4> Now delete the “Freelencer” key. WARNING: Do not delete or modify any other entries in the Registry editor or you will have big problems !!!.

5> Launch freelancer, connect to the UV server.

6> The Freelancer will ask you to create a new account, by default it will give you a new account number, click on the create button.

7> Create a new ship and logon to the server for a second.

8> Close freelancer.

9> Refresh your Registry editor (F5) and repeat step 2 and 3 to save your new key, give it a new name, IE “Second account”

10> Close the registry editor.

11> Launch you Freelancer account manager (FAM)

12> The FAM will state that he has found a new account that does not match his data base.

13> Click OK and give your new account a name, click again OK.

14> Select your new account in the list of you FAM.

15> Go to “Tools” in the FAM and create a shortcut for your account, in the first line (Shortcut location) click on the button with 3 dots and select the location where you want the shortcut (on the desktop or where ever you want).

16> At the last checkbox on the bottom line (Auto connect to the following server), check this box and enter the server IP into the 5 boxes “72”, “232”, “217”, “50”, “2302”

17> Click on the create button and your new account is fully created

18> Close FAM.

19> Run your Freelancer and enjoy playing

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To create another account repeat the following steps 1, 2, you can skip step 3 as you already have saved the previous key, and steps 4-18

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you crash your computer, no worries, just repair your windows, install your freelancer, FAM, Freelancer Mod Manger, and go get your registry keys which you have previously saved.

A> double click on the first key and say OK to all questions asked, you might need administrator rights to proceed to the installation of the registry keys.

B> Run your FAM and create a new shortcut for your account. Steps 11-18.

C> Repeat step A & B for each freelancer registry key you have saved.

Your freelancer is now working like before.

For any questions or problems related to the creation or restoration of your accounts send me a PM and I will help you out.

Regards Goultek

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Most easy way to create a new FL account
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:43 pm 

The EASY way to do it is with the Freelancer Account generator...

EDIT: http://www.MegaShare.com/?r=FLAG

You just have to generate a new ID, save the file and import it with FLAM.

Sid

EDIT 2: Sorry for spoiling your efforts mate!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:04 pm 

I know an easier way.

Uninstall Freelancer totally, reinstall it for all users. Once done, you can create New User Accounts and Freelancer will be there automatically and with each one, comes a new MP ID. Record that ID as always and you're good to go. No need to do any of the above. Reactivate the mod and play. To make use of the New User Account if, you wish to have more than one character online at a time, use switch char and bring up the new account. It will have Freelancer set up with the same mod and you're good to go.

No sense in doing all that extra downloading and creating/moving files for they are already there...a b c, 1 2 3...

Have fun and enjoy transferring items from one ship/char/account to the other.

Freelancer, 17 Years & Still Playing

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:27 pm 

I agree with your method HK (as it is the most basic one), but this topic was about NOT to have to use different windows accounts... With the Account Manager you don't even have to leave the game. Just leave the server, activate the next account in the Freelancer Account Manager and connect again. It is much faster than any other option around as far as I know.

Sid

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm 

[Sith]Sidewinder

I have several ways to do it as well but his explanation in the beginning is just the same and I use the FLMM as well plus, I have a geek proggy that creates new Freelancer accounts without doing any of the above. It regenerates FL ID's on it's own. ;)

However, you cannot run two Freelancers accounts at one time on the same account. Sorry. You have to create a new user accounts in order to do so. I can have 10 different chars online at one time even when storing them in the FLMM but for me to have them all in game at once, I have to have separate user accounts to do it. I never log out, I just switch to another account and bring it online. It's all the same I gues.

Freelancer, 17 Years & Still Playing

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:21 pm 

uv27 uv26 uv25 uv24

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:16 am 

Well its just me and my son playing. we just have two pc's. we are not always using the same one, and we do switch. or the wife will be on one. We all have are own login on each pc. All i did was load every thing on 1 login account on each pc. then switch users and i found i only had to install the "UnderVerse2.25client" and add the freelancer registry key of the account i wanted, so the game will come up for me with my login, and for my son with with his login. and i didn't take the chance of messing my PC up. because not all of us should try getting into and deleteing reg files. Not safe for normal users. I seen that long so called easy procedure and the warning, and i think i will stay out of the reg files. besides most of us already have multi user accounts.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:00 pm 

i got 10 FLID's, most of them are filling up. the account manager has never worked for me. so presently i am not expanding the accounts; 50 ship is a lot of $ and trouble.
when i put 6 ships on at same time my PC slows down to a crawl. prob causing lag. 3 or 4 users active at same time is ok.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:51 pm 

[Sith]Sidewinder wrote:
The EASY way to do it is with the Freelancer Account generator...

EDIT: http://www.MegaShare.com/?r=FLAG

You just have to generate a new ID, save the file and import it with FLAM.

Sid

EDIT 2: Sorry for spoiling your efforts mate!

jus so u no the link no longer works

[GLTC]darkdaz-[M]
----------
Image ------ ------Image

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » PLAYER HELP