Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Server Information

Post subject: NPC loot drops = Server LAG
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:07 am 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

I ran a couple of tests tonight on the effect of Massive loot debris fields and the effect of mass NPC respawn.

It was concluded that mass Npc respawn no biggy.

BUT the effect of massive NPC loot debris fields is significant. Farming is fine but if you are going to do it I think you should have an obligation to clean up the mess as you go. There is no question the more loot drops floating in space the more you potentially effect others gameplay.

Since the 2.24 release the number of NPC loot drops has increased this is a good thing as it gives new players another way of generating those much needed $$ to get started with. I urge anyone who intends to, or is farming NPC to tractor as you go, no worries with guns etc cos you can keep on collecting those easily but shields & bots & sellable items can add up quick and are left floating in space. I only tested 300 NPC kills and it was enough to impact on the server and in turn others ability to enjoy the game.

The {KEA} use system Rocky Horror, no secret in that but you will also notice we have a soul train circulating the system constantly tractoring items and cleaning up the mess. If you have the ability to run multiple ships then please have a collector ship nearby to where you are killing and collect as you go SHIELDS and BOTS included. If you don't have that ability then dock somewhere after every 100 or so kills , sell and when you return in most cases the loot that was left in space the NPC's will have tractored and removed for you.

It is not fair for ones persons farming to effect the ability for others to enjoy the game lag free so clean up as you go please.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:00 am 

Or just jettison your bats and bots as they get full and shoot the jettisoned stack of bats and bots out of the sky with just two little laser shots, then fill up again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:10 am 

uv21 with Bob and Marduk.
And if you think the floating loot effects you, try playing on a slow connection while tons of loot is being left in space. Not much fun.

As for bots and batts, why do people leave those floating and yet they tractor in the Wasp missiles? Wasp missiles=$91 each. Bots and batts=$200 each!!
So if you are in a cruiser that carries 500 bots/batts....that's $200,000 being left floating in space. When I'm doing missions or farming and I'm in my cruisers or bombers, I launch empty of bots and batts. That way I can collect ALL of them that drop. When I get full, I sell them and do it again.

Nice post Bob!! uv20

Last edited by [xXx]Smoke on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 am 

Yeah I sale all my bots and bats at station then I go farm empty. When my bots and bats are full I'll jettison and shoot them. After that when I'm full again I'll go sale the loot uv21

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 am 

[(V\ET]MardukTheDestroye wrote:
Or just jettison your bats and bots as they get full and shoot the jettisoned stack of bats and bots out of the sky with just two little laser shots, then fill up again.

It's seems like I've read this before but I will reply, that's what I do as well. Drop the Batts & Botts, shoot them and stay until I'm filled with loot and then stop to go sell all and return. If, there's any B&Bs left, I grab them when I return and kill more NPCs that are looting........my loot.

Freelancer, 16 Years & Still Playing

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:15 pm 

-=UW=-HunterKiller wrote:
when I return and kill more NPCs that are looting........my loot.

hAR hAR!! I like your style!! uv20

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:46 pm 

.........BoBbY?......

...tHaNkYoU, ThAnKyOu, tHaNkYeW.......

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Anthrax_Zombie
http://zombiefreelancer.forumotion.net/forum.htm
"......To WiN, yOu MuSt LeArN hOw tO DiE......" uv46

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:09 pm 

on my cruiser i can hold 590 bots and bats, so when i fill them up i usually just land and sell. I freak out at the thought of corrupting my character so want t clear as soon as i can. Its usually no biggy cause of the many dockable stations in a system. even in m344 planet one is close to everything. if i have a lot of npc around i will jettison and shoot the bunch so i can tractor in the bal.

uv23 enough said uv12

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:59 am 

I scanned one NPC after I come back and he had extra weapons and one of them was a BFG. Needless to say he went...BOOM!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:22 am 

BOBBY, friend, Ur post is very usefull!!! uv20
Especially ask me with average lag 230-270....If someone does mess with scrrap in space, my lag increases 300+.. uv25
So indeed, colleagues, listen to Bob, HK, Tib, Atrax, Marduk and other wise guys, and save space clean... TY:)

P.S. I dont know the exact reason , but a week ago my lag was 300, 350 - unable to play: these days my lag is 200-230...
Obvously SOMEONE is drawing his lesson and no more obstructs UV, and no more increases lag.
TY again:) uv22

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:57 am 

be kindof nise if ther wer some 1 to hier ta do it the other day i had a now player doit to ern extra kashe he asket fer help and i gave it not ase muny bute loot

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:00 pm 
UV Modding Team
UV Modding Team

[Tx]moosetim[N] wrote:
be kindof nise if ther wer some 1 to hier ta do it

[Tx]moosetim[N] wrote:
lol olmoste same ase me 1 big flat 1 small and an old 1 lol hade to shute down laptop geten a litel confusen now its juste 3 fer me to

you have 3 yes? Hire ya self uv11

Post subject: Re: NPC loot drops = Server LAG
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 am 

uv46

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Anthrax_Zombie
http://zombiefreelancer.forumotion.net/forum.htm
"......To WiN, yOu MuSt LeArN hOw tO DiE......" uv46

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 pm 

{KEA}BOBBY wrote:

The {KEA} use system Rocky Horror, no secret in that but you will also notice we have a soul train circulating the system constantly tractoring items and cleaning up the mess. If you have the ability to run multiple ships then please have a collector ship nearby to where you are killing and collect as you go SHIELDS and BOTS included. If you don't have that ability then dock somewhere after every 100 or so kills , sell and when you return in most cases the loot that was left in space the NPC's will have tractored and removed for you.

yaaaaay uv20 space vacume cleaner :D :) uv11 Willy-nilly!!! uv31

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:53 pm 

I generally drop 200-250 of mine each and blow them up and grab what's in space to help relieve the trash. That's if, no enemy is near the system I'm killing NPCs in, of 'course. Otherwise, I just shot at them while waiting on the next wave of them to come. :)

Portal » Board index » PUBLIC FORUMS » Server Information